Leaders need to work through their teams to achieve organizational goals. This involves understanding that different leadership styles are required in different situations in order to bring out the best in people. Good communication and the ability to reflect and grow are essential skills for a people leader.
- As a leader, sometimes I find communicating with my team difficult & frustrating, this is damaging their morale & productivity.
- Without a proper process or structure, decision making can be time consuming and frustrating and can result in poor decision.
- Leadership mistakes can be costly and painful for both leaders and those they lead. Poor leadership can lead to high attrition; I wish I could take lessons to avoid them.
Learn How To:
- Adapt communication styles to different context & employees
- Address barriers to communication
- Better read and engage employees through profiling (DiSC)
- Gather Information, evaluate risks & consequences and assess options for decision making
- Identify personal strengths and limitations
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and knowledge
Target Audience: Supervisors, Assistant Managers or Team Leaders
Time: 9am – 6pm
Course Fee: 550 SGD*
*All course fees displayed are before government subsidies. Please click here for more details on subsidized course fees.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for the above approved skills-related courses. For more details, visit the SkillsFuture Credit website: (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit)
Course Training Duration: 2 Days (16.00 hours)
Course Reference Number: CRS-Q-0027588-LPM
Funding Validity Period: 01 Jan 2016 - 27 Aug 2019
Mode of Training: Classroom (Full-time)
Develop Self to Maintain Professional Competence at Supervisory Level
- Communicate ideas and information to employees and colleagues effectively
- Solve problems to achieve optimal results in business units
- Collect, analyze and organize information to review data critically
- Plan and organize resources and activities to complete work activities within specified timeframes
- Demonstrate listening and speaking skills (English) at a level equivalent to Employability Skills (ES) Literacy Level 5
- Demonstrate reading and writing (English) at a level equivalent to Employability Skills (ES) Literacy Level 5
- Demonstrate numeracy skills at a level equivalent to Employability Skills (ES) Numeracy Level 5