Here at Capelle, we believe it is critical to touch lives and transform organizations. One of the ways we seek to do that is through partnering with Singapore’s Social Sector to build capabilities.
Over the past few years, we have built up a partnership with the National Council of Social Services (NCSS) and have provided a range of services to a variety of VWOs in Singapore. We hold tight to the following key principles as we serve:
- Seek to first understand before we solve – Regardless of the project, we always begin with an in-depth diagnosis so that we can truly understand the inner workings of the VWO that we partner with.
- Co-Create with the organization – We acknowledge that the VWO has critical tacit and industry knowledge that we might not have. What we bring to the table is our expertise in certain domain areas (e.g. process re-design, strategic planning, human resource) and facilitation skills. As such, we partner with the VWO to co-produce solutions.
- Constantly seek to review and improve – While we seek to “do it right the first time”, we believe that there are times where we need to prototype and test the solution, and make adjustments based on the results. This approach, also known as Design Thinking, is also favored as it draws upon the creativity of staff to develop solutions. The design thinking process comprises 5 steps: Empathize, Define, Ideate, Prototype and Test.
An example of such a project would be as follows:
Empathize: This aims to gain a deep understanding of the challenges so that the problem can be clearly defined. In this phase, findings from pre-workshop focus group discussions with the employees would be shared and employees will be asked to verify the information.
Define: Next, employees will identify and define the issues to be resolved.
Ideate: At this stage, employees are encouraged to develop creative solutions to these issues, whilst leveraging Capelle’s expertise and experience.
Prototype and Test: After the ideation process, a small team will work on the revised changes. Following this, employees will be briefed on the changes. These changes will be implemented and monitored for 3 months.
The types of work that we do for the Social Services sector include the following:
- Strategic Planning
- Values Alignment and Cascading
- Process Improvement
- HR Capability Development