While many of us are adept at presenting goals and plans and persuading intellectually, are we just as effective in creating an emotionally healthy environment? This workshop endeavors to enhance one’s capacity to connect with own and others’ emotions and make discerning choices in personal leadership to serve and collaborate with others in stewarding the organizational goals.
- This person knows his work very well but no one likes working with him, much less work under him.
- Functional expertise is not going to land me that bigger role, I need to know how to build rapport.
- I do not engage people well, I want to manage my emotions and relate better, where do I begin?
What You Will Learn
- Assess own level of emotional intelligence, strengths and weaknesses.
- Manage personal emotions and maintain composure, self-confidence and resilience.
- Demonstrate empathy by acknowledging feelings and perspectives of others by taking into consideration their culture, background and needs.
- Apply emotional intelligence to influence and persuade.
- Build rapport by nurturing instrumental relationships.
- Assess the emotional climate and exercise flexibility and adaptability.
- Uphold integrity and take responsibility in aligning to organizational goals.
Target Audience: Executives, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Managers
Time: 9am – 6pm
Course Fee: 550 SGD*
*All course fees displayed are before government subsidies. Please click here for more details on subsidized course fees.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for the above approved skills-related courses. For more details, visit the SkillsFuture Credit website: (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit)
Course Training Duration: 2 Days (16.00 hours)
Course Reference Number: CRS-Q-0022771-ES
Funding Validity Period: 01 Oct 2015 - 05 Mar 2019
Mode of Training: Classroom (Full-time)
Apply Emotional Competence to Manage Self and Others in a Business Context
- Be able to listen, speak, read and write English at a proficiency level not lower than the Employability Skills Workforce Skills Qualification (ES WSQ) Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 4