Teamwork is an inevitable part of our job and this will require us to work with colleagues of diverse backgrounds, personality types and values. Part of a manager’s role is to manage tensions and disagreements that may arise when colleagues work together. Proper conflict resolution will be necessary for a team to function well again.
Even when tension is minimal, team effectiveness may not be high. To take the team to the next level, team building skills are essential for managers and supervisors. With greater understanding of factors that contribute to team success, managers will be better equipped to build high performance teams.
- When it comes to people engagement, one size does not fit all, one needs to constantly adapt.
- Getting a team to work well together is hard enough; building high performing teams is even harder.
- Managers may be good at their functional roles but managing tension and conflicts is quite something else.
What you will learn
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and collaborative opportunities
- Build trust and enhance commitment
- Adjust interpersonal style to according to business and social environment
- Identify and act on possible causes of conflict
- Negotiate to reach mutually acceptable outcomes
- Develop and implement systems and processes to prevent conflict recurrence
- Develop action plan for self-improvement
Target Audience : Executives, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Managers
Time : 9am – 6pm
Course Fee : 750 SGD*
*All course fees displayed are before government subsidies.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for the above approved skills-related courses. For more details, visit the SkillsFuture Credit website: (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit)
Course Training Duration: 2 Days (16.00 hours)
Course Reference Number: CRS-Q-0027611-LPM
Funding Validity Period: 01 Jan 2016 - 11 Jan 2020
Mode of Training: Classroom (Full-time)
Cultivate Workplace Relationships and Diversity
- Manage the delivery of services or products to stakeholders within projects of limited scope
- Work with competitive knowledge of the business, industry and sector in which the organization operates
- Have effective communication and relationship management skills to work with employees from all levels and areas within an organization
- Demonstrate listening and speaking skills (English) at a level equivalent to Employability Skills (ES) Literacy Level 6
- Demonstrate reading and writing (English) at a level equivalent to Employability Skills (ES) Literacy Level 6
- Demonstrate numeracy skills at a level equivalent to Employability Skills (ES) Numeracy Level 6