Leadership skills are not automatically picked-up by people over time, even for seasoned workers. Instead of leaving employees to struggle through mistakes, these essential skills should be part of the holistic training program to prepare them for their leadership roles.
- People who are good at their functional work may not be as good at managing people.
- Leadership mistakes can be costly and painful for both leaders and those they lead.
- It is no longer about getting the work done yourself; leaders need to work through others to achieve organizational goals.
What You Will Learn
- Apply different leadership styles for different situations
- Apply different communication styles when engaging different employees
- Diffuse loaded questions, handle differing views, objections and even criticism
- Manage poor commitment and counsel difficult cases
- Develop and assess options that will lead to successful outcomes
- Influence decision making
Target Audience: Executives, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Managers
Time: 9am – 6pm
Course Fee: 980 SGD*
*All course fees displayed are before government subsidies. Please click here for more details on subsidized course fees.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for the above approved skills-related courses. For more details, visit the SkillsFuture Credit website: (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit)
Course Training Duration: 3 Days (24.00 hours)
Course Reference Number: CRS-Q-0027629-LPM
Funding Validity Period: 01 Jan 2016 - 11 Jan 2020
Mode of Training: Classroom (Full-time)
Lead Team Leaders to Develop Business Strategies and Governance Management and Develop Self to Maintain Professional Competence at Managerial Leve
- Understand and communicate roles and relationships between managers and business partners
- Write and present reports on research findings for consideration by more senior members in an organization
- Understand the relationship between organization values and the day to day activities of the organization
- Work with verbal and non-verbal cues which underpin effective communication
- Work with competitive knowledge of the business, industry and sector in which the department and its teams operate
- Demonstrate proficiency using a range of decisions making models and methods
- Demonstrate listening and speaking skills (English) at a level equivalent to Employability Skills (ES) Literacy Level 6
- Demonstrate reading and writing (English) at a level equivalent to Employability Skills (ES) Literacy Level 6
- Demonstrate numeracy skills at a level equivalent to Employability Skills (ES) Numeracy Level 6