Dr. Yee Lai Fong
A specialist and expert in the organizational learning and workplace learning arena, Lai Fong confidently articulates her transdisciplinary expertise in public policy, strategy, organization development, human-centered design, and multi-stakeholder engagement.
These knowledge and skillsets have been honed through two decades of her experiences in designing and facilitating interventions at the national, sectoral and organizational levels. Lai Fong is highly experienced working with clients in organizations within the public, private and people sectors.
- Currently helming a three year Back-to-Basics initiative by NCSS, where a human-centered approach is adopted in identifying opportunities for productivity enhancements, developing user requirements, prototyping and co-creating solutions. This comprises of nine projects with one of the largest SSAs in Singapore
- Successfully completed a four-month design thinking project with SportSG to co-create solutions in empowering frontline staff across various ActiveSG Sports Centres to create positive experiences for the public
- Successfully implemented a MSF Social Development Network (SDN) project, integrating human-centered elements with the Citizen Jury approach to engage 70+ citizens over four weekends in developing a set of ideas and recommendations to address societal attitudes in dating and marriage
- Successfully led a two-month design thinking project with The BreadTalk Group, that involved employee experience mapping, and persona development. This eventually led to a revised value proposition and talent development program designed for high potential staff across various divisions
- Successfully completed an eight-month workplace learning consultancy for Singapore Polytechnic’s Human Resource Department, which involved a workplace learning diagnosis, practices and the development of a workplace learning plan. This plan comprised of a set of learning and performance artefacts.
- Successfully implemented an eight-month workplace learning advisory for SMRT Institute. This included a Hackathon with staff from Trains Division to reimagine the future of learning and guidance on the development of learning solutionists towards establishing SMRT as a center of excellence for workplace learning
- Successfully conceptualized a design-thinking hackathon for the events and entertainment industry players to reimagine post-COVID business models and opportunities. Organized by NTUC UFSE (unit supporting freelancers and self-employed) and sponsored by Enterprise Singapore
The George Washington University Doctorate in Human and Organizational Learning and Masters in HRD
California State University MBA
National University of Singapore Bachelor of Social Sciences, Honors in Economics
Certifications & Professional Training
Adult Education Professionalization – Institute of Adult Learning Specialist Adult Educator
Institute of Adult Learning ACTA and Certified Workplace Learning Specialist
[email protected] Series on Workplace Learning
Programme (PSD-SP) on Design Thinking Design Practitioner
Fundamentals and Intermediate Co-Active Coaching
Technology of Participation (ToP) Training in Facilitation
HSD Institute Certified Practitioner in Human Systems Dynamics