Previously employed with Ng Teng Fong General Hospital (NTFGH), Lyon had partnered with clinicians, allied health and nursing leaders to facilitate various organizational-wide improvement projects.
Leveraging his analytical strength, Lyon managed several process-mapping exercises, and facilitated RIE to drive implementation across the organization. Stakeholders at different levels had commended and affirmed Lyon for his ability to observe problem analysis, engineer process and output indicators, and develop various operation dashboards. To complement his analytical skills, Lyon also possesses a creative mind, where he introduced design thinking concepts incrementally through small-scale programs during his tenure with his department.
A big heart to serve the community, Lyon volunteered with the Regional Health System (NUHS-RHS) to facilitate health screenings during his available time. During the pandemic, Lyon also served in the dormitories and NUHS CCF@BIG BOX. He played a key role being the system in-charge to set up, and deploy a mobile electronic medical record system for NTFGH COVID-19 Dormitory Operations within 2 weeks.
Lyon recently completed his Master of Public Health, which further helps him expand his knowledge and skills in identifying public health problems within the community, and health program evaluations.
- Currently, implementing productivity solutions for multiple Social Service Agencies, which involve re-organizing the centers, technology implementation solutions, and change management
- Successfully piloted a redesigned discharge process by using Design Thinking and Process Redesign tools, that reduced the mean time taken for discharge by 33%, and improved overall nurses’ perception in discharging patients
- Successfully completed a program evaluation of HealthServe’s Chronic Disease Management Programme using the DIME model
- Facilitated numerous departmental projects with 2 projects shortlisted for National HIP Medals 2020 – Care Redesign Award namely:
- Reducing interventions Related to Post-Consult Medication Requests at Pharmacy
- Multidisciplinary Team-based Project: Stroke MBI Data Compliance
- Facilitated the Discharge Before Noon Project, a multi-disciplinary project that streamlined the patient discharging process
- Facilitated the 30-Day Readmission Project, a multi-disciplinary project that gradually saw a decline in the readmission rate and emergency revisit within 30-days of discharge
Master of Public HealthNational University of Singapore
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Biological SciencesNanyang Technological University
Professional Diploma in Smart Healthcare LeadershipNUS – Institute of Systems Science (ISS)
Advanced Certification in Learning & Performance (ACLP)Institute for Adult Learning (IAL)